RETURNS, EXCHANGES, SHIPPING & LOCAL DELIVERY POLICIES - COVID UPDATE
The COVID-19 pandemic has created business disruptions worldwide, and we haven’t been immune to its effects. The Garden District and the entire living outdoor industry have been affected by shipping delays due to product shortages arising from COVID-19.
We’re also experiencing a tremendous increase in calls, emails, and chats flooding our sales and customer service departments. As a result, you may have noticed longer than normal expected lead times being advertised, along with delays in our responses and/or your delivery.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience, and we assure you we’re making every effort to assist our customers. For more than two decades, we’ve built our business on amazing customer service with timely assistance. Please know that we and our many vendors are making every effort to catch up as COVID-19 continues to disrupt our industry as well as weather related delays.
We appreciate your business and patience.
Thank you for choosing us for your outdoor living needs.
SHIPPING INFORMATION & LOCAL DELIVERY
Our in-stock orders will probably take about 3-15 business days to reach a customer depending on location and any weather / shipping delays out our control. Any custom orders will take approximately 4-10 weeks (we will update you on any changes).
Shipments are made to continental U.S. locations only.
Please note " Free / Discounted shipping" depends on location, you might incur a shipping fee for your delivery which will be invoiced separately after initial sale and review of location for shipment. If you have questions or want to know the delivery fee ahead, please call us or email us before purchasing. (cancelled orders due to shipping fees will incur a $15 charge for credit card charges)
All shipments, unless specifically denoted, are curb-side shipments. All larger shipments, shipped via freight carrier, will require a signature at the time of delivery. If you authorize the shipping company to leave the delivery without a signature, The Garden District can not be held responsible for damages that may occur during delivery.
DISCOUNT SHIPPING / DELIVERY ON MOST ORDERS OVER $1,000
(please feel free to contact us for a quote)
DOES NOT INCLUDE ALL ITEMS ON SITE OR SALE/SPECIAL DISCOUNTED ITEMS (PLEASE CALL TO CONFIRM)
Remote or hard-to-reach areas may incur additional shipping fees. It is the customers responsibility to inform us of any problems with this type of delivery at the time of purchase. The Garden District is not responsible for shipping costs on merchandise not delivered due to a shipping companies inability to deliver to a particular location. Certain circumstances may include but are not limited to: narrow or winding roads, dirt or gravel roads, and vacant establishments. In-home delivery is neither implied nor offered without additional charge, and is not necessarily available even if the customer is willing to pay more for it.
If an item is shipped and returned because it is not deliverable due to an incorrect address, the customer will be responsible for shipping both ways. Orders for larger items that must ship freight require the shipping company to contact the customer prior to delivery. If the product is returned because the freight company could not reach the customer, this will be considered a return, and the order will be subject to our regular return policies.
Shipping Outside of the Continental U.S.
At this time we do not ship outside the continental US.
All local deliveries must be scheduled with us within 48-72 hrs of your purchase after the order is processed which is usually 24-48 hrs after receipt. We advise to email us or text us with contact person, full address and a delivery day. ( we are unable to confirm exact time of delivery as this varies, but we will try to provide a 4-6 hr. window for the delivery when possible and contact you 30 min to 1 hr before).
Please advise that someone must be available to receive the items in person and sign for them. We are not responsible if the location is not able to accommodate the delivery on the day of delivery, we will be happy to re-deliver for an additional fee. Please contact us if you need a re-delivery.
All other applicable exchange & return information still applies as mentioned above on shipped items.
RETURNS AND EXCHANGES
To be eligible for a “No Hassle Return” items must be returned (you must contact us in writing advising details) within 7 days of delivery or shipment in “Like New” condition. “Like New” condition is when a returned item is unused, un-assembled, and has been returned in the original packaging with all contents.
- In many cases, refunds are not processed until the item has been inspected by us in our warehouse. Refunds can take up to 10 business days.
- Refunds must be applied to the same credit card, debit card, or other form of payment used in the original transaction.
- Re-stocking fees applies to most items from 15% -20% of price paid
- Transaction credit card fees will be deducted from refunds or cancelled orders.
- ALL Custom orders are non refundable. Final Sale
- Exchanges or cancellations must be made before 24hrs of purchase and re-stocking and additional charges will apply for transaction fees. (depending on item this will vary)
- Cancelled orders due additional shipping / non stock items / additional leadtimes, the transaction fee from cc will be deducted from refund
- Refunds are not processed until the item is inspected upon return delivery.
- The Garden District Miami reserves the right to refuse a refund on a returned item if:
- The item that has been returned does not match the original item shipped to the customer.
- The returned item is missing parts or the original product’s packaging.
- The item was damaged during the return shipment due to improper or insufficient packaging.
- Not proper care of items such as outdoor furniture, grills, etc.
- The item being returned has been obviously heavily used (such as significant charcoal buildup inside a grill, etc..).
- The item has been assembled in a way that would impede proper packaging for return shipping.
- The refund request is older than 20 days from receiving item
In exchange situations, there are TWO options:
- If you need the product right away, you can purchase a replacement on a new order to get it shipped out as soon as possible. Then return the original item and we’ll refund you, minus return shipping fees, for the original once we’ve received it back to our warehouse in “Like New” condition. (the shipping charges will be charge to customer)
- If you can wait a little longer, return the original item and once we’ve received it back to our warehouse in “Like New” condition, we’ll refund you, minus return shipping fees for that purchase, then have you purchase the replacement on a new order and we’ll ship the replacement as soon as possible.
- Discrepancies on orders from our side or vendors still require a 20 day notice in order to rectify the situation and provide a new part or item in a timely manner.
We are unable to provide our freight shipping account information for any exchange, all exchange shipping has to be done by client on their own with insurance. Due to the custom nature of made-to-order/special order items, all sales are final. Made-to-order/special order items defective due to manufacturing will be repaired/replaced as long as the claim is made within the warranty period offered by the manufacturer. Custom pieces damaged in shipping will still follow all steps for a freight claim by emailing us within 24 hrs.
All Custom pieces will be repaired or replaced with an item of the same nature as previously ordered. You will not be allowed to order an item that differs from the damaged or defective item.