RETURNS, EXCHANGES & LOCAL DELIVERY POLICIES - COVID UPDATE
Due to Covid 19 please note that you might experience longer delivery times. If you have any urgent orders, please call us prior to shopping online in order to assist you further. We thank you in advance for your patience!
SHIPPING INFORMATION & LOCAL DELIVERY
Our in-stock orders will probably take about 3-10 business days to reach a customer. Any custom orders will take approximately 4-6 weeks. Direct shipments are made to continental U.S. locations only. Special provisions apply to shipments to Alaska, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, and other countries or territories.
The Garden District does not charge shipping on items with a free shipping icon next to them on our website when shipped to US locations, except for Alaska, Puerto Rico and Hawaii. Shipments to Alaska, Puerto Rico and Hawaii are not eligible for free shipping, and the customer is responsible for all duties and tariffs on shipments to those states.
We use USPS, UPS or FedEx for smaller items, and larger items go freight. We reserve the right to choose which freightway carries your shipment. We do not, however, control the shipping companies (freight or UPS). Once a shipment is in the hands of the delivery company, we cannot change shipping addresses, we cannot make a delivery happen on a certain day, and we can only approximate delivery times as we only have the information the delivery company makes available to us. Please understand that our staff would love to have more direct control over shipments so that we could ensure an amazing customer service experience every time.
All shipments, unless specifically denoted, are curb-side shipments. All larger shipments, shipped via freight carrier, will require a signature at the time of delivery. If you authorize the shipping company to leave the delivery without a signature, The Garden District can not be held responsible for damages that may occur during delivery.
Remote or hard-to-reach areas may incur additional shipping fees. This applies to Free Shipping and regular shipping orders. It is the customers responsibility to inform us of any problems with this type of delivery at the time of purchase. The Garden District is not responsible for shipping costs on merchandise not delivered due to a shipping companies inability to deliver to a particular location. Certain circumstances may include but are not limited to: narrow or winding roads, dirt or gravel roads, and vacant establishments. In-home delivery is neither implied nor offered without additional charge, and is not necessarily available even if the customer is willing to pay more for it.
If an item is shipped and returned because it is not deliverable due to an incorrect address, the customer will be responsible for shipping both ways. Orders for larger items that must ship freight require the shipping company to contact the customer prior to delivery. If the product is returned because the freight company could not reach the customer, this will be considered a return, and the order will be subject to our regular return policies.
Shipping Outside of the Continental U.S.
All shipments to Alaska, Puerto Rico and Hawaii or other countries or territories will require an individual quote. You can also email us and request a shipping quote before placing your order. If you order online, we will contact you after your order is placed with the additional shipping charges (before the item is shipped).
All local deliveries must be scheduled with us within 48 hrs of your purchase. We advise to email us or text us with contact person, full address and a delivery day. ( we are unable to confirm exact time of delivery as this varies, but we will try to provide a 4-6 hr window for the delivery when possible).
Please advise that someone must be available to receive the items in person and sign for them. We are not responsible if the location is not able to accommodate the delivery on the day of delivery, we will be happy to re-deliver for an additional fee. Please contact us for re-delivery fees.
All other applicable exchange & return information still applies as mentioned above on shipped items.
RETURNS AND EXCHANGES
To be eligible for a “No Hassle Return,” items must be returned within 20 days of delivery or shipment in “Like New” condition. “Like New” condition is when a returned item is unused, unassembled, and has been returned in the original packaging with all contents.
- In many cases, refunds are not processed until the item has been inspected by us in our warehouse. Refunds can take up to 10 business days.
- Refunds must be applied to the same credit card, debit card, or other form of payment used in the original transaction.
- Re-stocking fees applies to most items from 10-15% of price paid
- ALL Custom orders are non refundable
- or cancellations must be made before 24hrs of purchase and re-stocking and additional charges will apply. (depending on item this will vary)
- In many cases, refunds are not processed until the item is inspected upon return delivery.
- The Garden District Miami reserves the right to refuse a refund on a returned item if:
- The item that has been returned does not match the original item shipped to the customer.
- The returned item is missing parts or the original product’s packaging.
- The item was damaged during the return shipment due to improper or insufficient packaging.
- The item being returned has been obviously heavily used (such as significant charcoal buildup inside a grill).
- The item has been assembled in a way that would impede proper packaging for return shipping.
In exchange situations, there are TWO options:
- If you need the product right away, you can purchase a replacement on a new order to get it shipped out as soon as possible. Then return the original item and we’ll refund you, minus return shipping fees, for the original once we’ve received it back to our warehouse in “Like New” condition.
- If you can wait a little longer, return the original item and once we’ve received it back to our warehouse in “Like New” condition, we’ll refund you, minus return shipping fees for that purchase, then have you purchase the replacement on a new order and we’ll ship the replacement as soon as possible.
We are unable to provide our freight shipping account information for any exchange, all exchange shipping has to be done by client on their own with insurance. Due to the custom nature of made-to-order/special order items, all sales are final. Made-to-order/special order items defective due to manufacturing will be repaired/replaced as long as the claim is made within the warranty period offered by the manufacturer. Custom pieces damaged in shipping will still follow all steps for a freight claim by emailing us within 24 hrs.
All Custom pieces will be repaired or replaced with an item of the same nature as previously ordered. You will not be allowed to order an item that differs from the damaged or defective item.